April 24th, 2018 Board Minutes
Date: Tuesday April 24, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, GA 30240
Present: Robby Burch, Bill Stump, Corinne Hodges, Frank McRae Jr., Regina Ingram, Mitch Key, John Radcliffe, Sharon Shelton, John Asbell
Absent: Tiffany Wood, Joseph Miller, Karen Freeman, Dr. Olugbenga Obasanjo, Charis Acree
Others Present: Eli Thrailkill, Meghan Duke, Eric Mosley. Helen Rice, James Bence
CEO – Dr. Kathy Carlisle
Principal- Dr. Chris Williams
Staff- Molly Sumner
Corinne Hodges called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
Eli Thrailkill delivered the invocation
Hodges formally welcomed Scott Rule to the Board.
Carlisle introduced video
Approval of the February Board minutes
- Asbell made a motion to approve, McRae 2 nd the motion, none opposed.
Hodges discussed the MOU update
- Carlisle suggested that the Board discuss the equipment move with TCBOE.
Carlisle reviewed the Recertification Standards of Governance.
Bence reviewed the audit and findings to the Board
- Asbell made a motion to approve the audit, McRae 2 nd the motion, none opposed.
Frank McRae Jr. reviewed the financials with the Board
- Approval of the financials
- Burch made a motion to approve, Asbell 2 nd the motion.
Williams provided an overview of the request for THINC to purchase a F-250
- Hodges discussed the possibility of a donation of the vehicle
- Hodges discussed buying vs. leasing
- Radcliffe informed that a lease was not approved
- Stump inquired why a gas not a diesel was being purchased.
- Radcliffe stated it was due to upkeep of a diesel was greater than a gas.
- Thrailkill suggested getting sponsors for the truck to put on the wrap
- Asbell asked how fuel and repairs would be handled
- Radcliffe stated maintenance and fuel would be handled by TCBOE
- FTE would cover costs and THINC would cover once FTE funds ran out.
- Williams stated that students were approved to be transported in the vehicle.
- Staff would take certification training to be able to transport students.
- Radcliffe stated current policies can always change and to be mindful of that in regards to student transportation.
- Burch 2 nd the purchase of the truck and none opposed.
Radcliffe suggested presenting equipment replacement list to Moneypenny.
- Williams asked if that would need to be all or just technology
- Radcliffe suggested all equipment
Carlisle presented the CEO’s update.
- Hodges asked if International Business would be open for 10 & 11 graders.
- Carlisle stated LaGrange College recommends it for 11 & 12 graders.
- Hodges asked if THINC would get FTE credit for those Dual Enrollment students.
- Asbell asked if business & industry had said they want the workforce to have this
- Carlisle suggested that it was asked to B&I
- Hodges asked how to track if THINC graduated are being employees by local B&I
- Hodges mentioned bringing it to Early Bird.
- Rice suggested taking it to the State to add to Jobshop to track data.
The meeting adjourned at 1:20 pm.
Next meeting date: May 22, 2018 at 12pm at THINC. College and Career Academy. One
College Circle, LaGrange, GA 30240