February 20, 2018 Finance and Fundraising Committee Minutes
Date: February 20, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: Renae Willis, John Radcliffe, Corinne Hodges, Frank McRae
Absent: John Asbell, Robby Burch, Kathy Tilley, Holt Redding, Byron Jones, Perrin Alford, Bill Stump
Others: Kathy Carlisle, Molly Sumner-THINC
Frank McRae called the meeting to order at 12:15 pm.
Quorum was not met, minutes not approved.
McRae covered the P&L
- John Radcliffe suggested Carlisle and Williams meet with Dr. Johnson to discuss a budget
line for professional development
- Carlisle stated she wasn’t aware if that discussion was happening already
- Radcliffe said he would discuss with Dr. Johnson
McRae went over the P&L
- Carlisle discussed the marketing funds
- Open house mailings and digital media included
- Radcliffe suggested to look over competition funds, BOE covers most of cost
- Radcliffe advised asking for $20K in professional development funds from BOE
- Radcliffe asked if $10K in technology would be needed next year.
- Carlisle stated that needs would change without pledged donations
- Radcliffe suggested replacing parts not equipment
- Radcliffe suggested setting up a reserve for technology
- Carlisle revised the use of the Wellstar Grant funds, informed the committee that a Chromecart was purchased with the funds.
Carlisle gave an update on the financial audit
- Corinne Hodges asked if the audit findings effected the total.
- Carlisle stated that the funds where not received in the year it was logged
- McRae suggested moving the Randy Jackson funds to a Donor Advised account since the Board does not manage the account.
- Carlisle and Hodges agreed to look into the change
- McRae will get more information on the account and provide to the
- Carlisle said that a meeting with Abbott & Assoc. and McRae would be made to cover the
Carlisle gave information on the “Maintain the Momentum” campaign
- Hodges will follow-up with Mel Haas
- Callaway Foundation would be better for a bigger campaign
- Carlisle stated the only risk would be asking too low.
- Hodges said to ask non-pledged again and not to wait until 2019.
- Carlisle agreed that it would create too much distance and look as funds were not needed.
- Carlisle asked the committee for a strategy for the campaign.
- McRae suggested having a conversation with municipalities.
- Divide industries and small business into 2 groups.
- McRae and Hodges will visit municipalities.
- Carlisle said the Expeditions Program could be used for a ROI for donors.
- Renae Willis said that industries that had not donated needed to be contacted
Carlisle stated that Holt Redding has stepped-down from the committee.
- Hodges stated that Tilley would need to be taken off committee.
The meeting ended at 1:15 pm.
Next meeting date: March 19, 2018 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle,
LaGrange, GA 30240.