June 18th, 2018 Finance Minutes
Date: Monday, June 18, 2018
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: John Asbell, Bill Stump, John Radcliff, Robby Burch, Frank McRae, Regina Ingram
Absent: Bryon Jones, Renae Willis
Others: Amanda Anderson – THINC. Staff, Kathy Carlisle
Meeting called to order Frank McRae at 12:20pm.
Approval of April and May 2018 Minutes
P&L and FTE – Frank McRae and Byron Jones
- Frank McRae would like to see cash balances instead of breakdown. Discussed budget.
- John Radcliff wants more detail from Kathy Carlisle on hotels, food, and transportation as well as competition fees.
- Carlisle reported donations from BCBS of $15,000.00; SLAM & LIFT had $30,000.00. SLAM to THINC. and LIFT to school system.
- Carlisle asks the committee about extending invitation to Jamey Johnson to join the committee. McRae agrees – yes.
- McRae concludes P&L. Asbell- 1 st motion, Burch 2 nd motion.
Fund Raising – Kathy Carlisle and John Asbell Update
- New brochure has been approved
- Asbell has overlooked and is pleased.
- McRae on Development Authority – He believes the LaGrange Development Authority will donate $100,000 – $25,000 for 4 years. However, they would like to see more data regarding where students and where they are going after graduation.
- Stump inquires on database of these graduating students. Regina Ingram suggests
introducing survey to the senior’s parents concerning “where are they now.”
Enrollment Update – Kathy Carlisle
- 800+ students are currently enrolled and master schedule is built. Until base school counselors come back, the enrollment numbers could go up or down.
- Carlisle mentions International Business
- Carlisle adds THINC needs help due to increased enrollment. We have limited administration and they need to be in the classrooms instead of doing paperwork.
- Carlisle has spoken with Radcliff concerning security- phones are the only source. Speaking with him regarding a sound system.
- Asbell asks about structure for 800 students? Carlisle – WGTC rooms & online classes will help make room.
- Radcliff explains budget has already been approved by TCSS. Head count is not assessed until October to calculate budget for next year.
- Discussion pursued regarding the teacher for General Business. According to Dr. Johnson, THINC will receive a teacher from the school system, rather than interviewing for the best candidate. The group had much to say, expressing concern over the process and importance of hiring the right teacher. Radcliffe stated that THINC administration should have the opportunity to interview.
Meeting adjourned 1:23pm.
Next meeting date: July 16th, 2018 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle, LaGrange,